I like Top Ten Thursdays, it makes me think hard... either way. The pet peeves went over well, so how about you have a good laugh about my fears :)
10. Spiders- I hate spiders with a passion. I kill everyone I come across or suck it up in my vacuum. Don't preach to me about how they are good to have around because of blah.. blah... blah.. I do not care. They are evil and should be killed. I would have killed Charlotte (of Charlotte's Web) too, especially before she had those thousands of babies *cringe*
9. Crunchy bugs- OK, I hate bugs of all types, and I kill all of them (except lady bugs- I don't know why), but I am afraid to kill the crunchy bugs (the ones with a shell) because they CRUNCH *shudder*
8. Slugs- See a pattern here? I never had an issue with slugs before I moved to Germany, because I never SAW a slug. The slugs out here are HUGE, slimy, and OMG if you accidentally step on one you can feel it all the way through your shoes up your legs. Just trying to get around slugs after a rain (and it rains a lot here- it is the Seattle of Germany) makes you look like you are doing some strange interpretive dance.
7. Driving in the dark- I have HORRIBLE night vision for one, but I hit a deer once on my way to Canadia (Canada) right before dawn, and since then I have been convinced that a deer is lurking at every point waiting to leap in front of me to commit suicide. For some reason this does not cross my mind in the daytime.
6. The dark- I am afraid of the dark... or rather what is LURKING in the dark. It seems like there are always a bunch of undefinable noises that only occur when it is dark and you are alone.
5. Heights- Or rather a fear of FALLING from those high places. Every time I am up somewhere high I feel like I am going to plummet to my death. Yeah, the Grand Canyon was not the most fun place for me as a child. I can feel my legs get wobbly, and vertigo hits. I could be 6 feet from the ledge and I am still convinced that I am going to fall!
3. Rejection- I am so afraid of being rejected. It does not keep me from trying new things or applying for new things, but it makes me so sick to my stomach. Just writing this blog is hard for me sometimes. What if no one likes what I write? What if I suck? I just try to truck on.
There you have it... my fears... what are your fears?