Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The conclusion to my husbands madness... and the cure!

So, this morning I wrote about how my husband left a nice mess on my living room floor, and how I was going to chastise him when he returned. More on that later... but it got me to thinking. He had a room specifically for his Army gear, but it was small, and nothing was organized. So I had a mission for the day...

I went downstairs and decided to switch out the large storage room for the "Army room". This is what the "Army room" looked like before:

Yeah, it was a MESS... MUCH worse than how he left my living room... see a pattern here?

The storage room was not much better:

Yes, that is a DOOR in the middle of the room!


So I had my work cut out for me. I started by getting EVERYTHING out of the smaller room, then moved the stuff from the larger room to the smaller room. It all just barely fit. 
Then I had the task of organizing the husbands Army gear. I separated it into BDU, DCU, and ACU. Simple enough...
Then I separated it into medical gear, gloves, belts, thermal inserts, big Army gear, and stuff that I have no clue what this is so it goes in this small bag.
It took me all day, literally... but this is what I ended up with:
Small storage room- I have yet to move the cots... those are Army.

And now the large storage room is the husband's "Army room":


His new multi cam is in this picture because I was late getting the photos done...

So when he got home I did ask him "Is this where your shit belongs?" He said "Yes." Yeah, that did not fly over to well! He was very quick to pick it all up and take it downstairs to his new "office space". He seemed to think he should have been allowed to keep everything upstairs in the living room because it would have been where he knew where it was... um.. huh? 

On another note... call me crazy. I have offered to foster my neighbors 3 cats for the next year while she is deployed. I have three cats on my own, so that is 6 cats in this place!!! Her cats are gorgeous though. Two are Persians, and I will DEFINITELY be taking pictures of those giant fluffballs! She is leaving them with a years supply of cat food and kitty litter, lol... 

I think I need another storage room....






5 comments:

Michael @ adaddyblog.com said...

The new Army room looks great. A man needs his cave anyway. I just get a half bath. Okay, that's really not fair. I have an "office" (bedroom), but it's packed floor to ceiling with stuff we really need to sell and/or throw away. As for you taking in three more cats... umm... yeah. Nice of you to do that. We'll have to start calling you that old cat lady. Have a great rest of the week!

-Michael (aka: Daddy)

Laura said...

I am NOT old!!! I will be like a cat lady for a while though!!!

Executive Heritage Chef Monty Austin said...

I thinks the army gear all over the floor is awesome... i bet you just loved it all day long.. could be worse i didn't see any AK47 layed out or ammo...lol

Liberty said...

What an awesome wifey you are!! I've been giggling about your earlier post all day :).

Rachy said...

That is so impressive. I never have the fortitude to make it through a big project like that. You go girl.