Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's the End of the World As We Know It... and I Feel Fine.

So, the Rapture is supposed to begin at 6pm tonight. It does not matter where, it matters that it is 6 pm, no matter where you are. Also, apparently this rapture is supposed to take place over 5 months (I guess weeding out the devout from the sinners will take a while- even for God), and then on October 21, 2011 the world will be destroyed... hmmm... a far cry from the seven years of tribulation the Bible stated.

I don't buy it for a minute, and I really wish the Doomsday people would get a grip and shut their mouths. If I ever learned ANYTHING from the Bible it is that NO ONE knows the date. Personally, I think the whole End Times thing is a trick to fear people into Christianity. I remember when I was a teen in a foster home I was apparently so bad I NEEDED to be saved, so the foster mother went to a Christian Book Store and rented the ENTIRE Left Behind Series and made me watch it. EVERYTHING was a sign of the End Times to her (from the election of Bill Clinton- who WAS the Antichrist in her own words, to the invention of videophones). How many times has the end of the world been predicted? How many times has that happened? Hands? Anyone? Right...

So let's take a look at this man that predicted the Return of Christ, shall we? Harold Camping is the President of Family Radio. He uses numerology or some shit to predict the end of the world. We HAVE to believe this man! I mean, he is a PRO at this shit! He previously predicted the end of the world in September 1994, so I mean, he KNOWS what he is talking about!

So yesterday, before I left for work, I was perusing Regretsy (Where DIY Meets WTF) and in the Members Only post (members only meaning you get the password from the Facebook page) there was a picture that Helen Killer (aka April Winchell) has snagged from either her forum or a comments thread, where I thereby snagged and am posting here for all of you. I think it is an awesome project that we can all get into and have a giggle :)

She is also hosting a contest of some sort or some shit for people to post their own Holy Flounce™ pictures. If you are one of the lucky Rapture Flouncers you could win shit! Wanna know what the shit is? Well go to the page, enter the secret password (found on Regretsy's Facebook page) and have fun! I wanna see this shit too, so make it good!


So, what will I be doing at 6pm tonight? Making brownies and watching The Tick - The Entire Series. I am thinking I might need to invest in the cartoon as well... that is, if Amazon does not get raptured as well...


If I get bored enough I might just make a Holy Flounce™ picture... The oldest said we should get a bunch of uniforms and lay them out to make it look like a whole platoon got raptured, oh, that would be epic!

7 comments:

Larry Lewis said...

At 6pm tonight i will be out on the town, showing your blog off in the local drinking den, and ensure all the ladies drop their kit on the floor to stage this wonderful prank. From 6pm i will then be rather busy giving all the ladies their last rites.

Savira Gupta said...

At 6pm tonight will be making a dish for a get together and after that who knows......

Unknown said...

you going straight to hell for that one LOL

Aahhh No more wine!!!! The worls has surely ended..

A

Roy Durham said...

gone fishing

Bongo said...

At 6pm tonight I'll be playing in facebook...but I would like to remove my clothes and drop them somewhere LOLOL As always....XOXOXO

Jessica said...

At 6 pm tonight we were celebrating my sister's 32nd birthday by having strawberry shortcake with the kids and the rest of our family. My sister was amused to learn that the end of the world was supposed to happen on her birthday! lol.

I think all of this hype is unfortunate. It feeds negative stereotypes towards christians, and many of them are normal people, not drawn into this craziness!

Papercut Doll said...

As always I was late to the party, but I had two thoughts - if it happened then I wouldn't be aware of it so neither would you and I'd be saved - well kind of but you get my drift. If it didn't (well we all knew that was going to be the case) anyhow I'm still looking for my clothes and I haven't a clue what I did at 6pm last night :o