Tomorrow I am taking the daughter to get new sheets and pillows, because (like me) she responds well to retail therapy.
I have been running all over helping others and dealing with the problems of others and I am worn out. If people get mad at me, so be it. I am being selfish this weekend!
Last night the husband called and the daughter got to speak to him. At first she was reluctant, but as soon as she heard his voice her face lit up and she was all smiles. I am beginning to think some of her sadness comes from him being gone. She wears his dog tags every day. She says she is doing ok, but she is a lot like me and does not want to bother anyone with her worries.
So, to everyone... here is to a great weekend! The end of my week was awesome because I got $20 from Tyson after I emailed them to complain that I found a 1" chicken bone in my popcorn chicken, then that night I got a $25 Amazon gift card from BlogFrog! And finally, yesterday I was told that I got the Stylish Blogger award... so...
The rules are of course:
Rule #1: Thank my gifter.
To Dontcha Wish You Could Blog Like Me? thank you for the award.. and yes, I do.
Rule #2- Tell you wonderful people 7 things about me.
1) I have a very hard time saying "no" to people, because of this I am always running around for others.
2) I exaggerate sometimes. Hey! I have to in order to make things interesting! Sometimes I exaggerate because it is just how I feel.
3) Most people think I am a bitch or are afraid of me. I understand the bitch part, but why fear?
4) When I was younger I was a stripper... yeah... don't judge.
5) I used to be a foster child.
6) I worry about what others think of me. I know I shouldn't, but I crave acceptance.
7) My in laws hated me when they first met me. I told my mother in law (to her face) that she was bi-polar and needed medication.
Last, but not least...
Rule #3: Give the Stylish Blogger Award to 15 of my favorite Bloggers. Since I think 15 is a big number, I will do 5... sorry folks, I have been known to break the rules (besides, I have laundry to do). Besides, isn't it more special to be one of 5 rather than 1 of 15??? Yeah, I thought so too...
And here they are, in no particular order! *drum roll please*
1) Michelle at Michelle "The Rib" A Jack of all trades and a master of none, she is a mother of 3, wife to an American soldier, Family Readiness Support Assistant, Photographer, baker and much, much more! Her husband calls her "Rib", its an Adam and Eve thing.
2) This Daddys Blog I am always fascinated by men blogging on being a daddy and husband.
3) Wantusi at ♥ Unveiled - Used, Abused, Abandoned, Silenced She was one of the first people I followed. Awesome woman!
4) Robin over at Madder in Mada He is in Madagascar, and I love his posts, his photos, well.. his blog.
5) Beth at Crazy Side of Life She was also one of the first people I started to follow, I love reading her posts. She is a Welsh expatriate living in Singapore for the past 13 years with her husband and two daughters.
So go on over and check them all out! To the ones I awarded, pass it on! You've got style!!!