Wednesday, February 16, 2011

When Mom is away...

Yesterday I was at work looking through Facebook doing my thing, and my oldest son sends me an IM on Facebook. I had to send him a personal message back because while I can see instant messages (chat) I cannot respond to them at work- it is blocked (by the way I have Facebook open so that my kids can contact me if need be, or I can send messages to people if I need something like an address or something for work or school- well that and I get bored). So, he asks if I am there, I send him a message telling him I am "here". He tells me he is going to shave our cat Draco because he is matted. Now my son has threatened to shave the cat before for shits and giggles, but this time he had an excuse.

Draco is our fluffiest cat, and the oldest son is almost 20 (I had him when I was 14 people... that is why I do not look old enough to have a son that old- because I am NOT!).
Draco


Oldest Son
So I am sure poor Draco was sleeping somewhere like the laundry bucket...

Minding his own business when the oldest son comes and yanks him from his peaceful slumber to rob Draco of whatever masculinity he has left.

When I got home the house was silent... I go to the stairs and I see a trail of patches of Draco fur...
I get to the top of the stairs and I see Sammie (Draco's mom) sitting outside of the bathroom door looking worried. I go in the bathroom and oldest son is wielding the electric shaver while the daughter is holding Draco. Draco looks at me as if to say "HELP ME MOM!" He says "Mrroowwww" instead.

This is what the poor thing looked like:

This is what was taken off of him:

The fat bastard got over it quick enough. We released him and he went right downstairs to the food dish (comfort food?).
Draco with Sammie (his mommy)

Apparently the oldest son liked shaving the cat because he kept looking at our other cat Soxxy (not pictured) and asking her if she wanted to be shaved too....




8 comments:

alejandro guzman said...

umm... ok

hehe

Cheers A

Last post-Guest Post for 'If I had a Blog

alejandro guzman said...

I agree Tbaoo. One day it's cats next it's wanting to shave people. where will it end?

Cheers A

Mary Hudak-Collins livingthescripture.com said...

I have 2 dogs that could use a shaving...you think he would be interested? or is his specialty 'cats'?
This was a great post! LOL!

Ed Lawrence said...

Wow, did anyone get scratched? My cats would have fought tooth and nail if I tried that one!

Papercut Doll said...

Oh my that is too funny, sorry for poor Draco but I struggling to stay seated with laughter.

Anonymous said...

Poor Draco! My cat, Butter needs to be shaved, too. I tried to snip off some of the matted fur with scissors but some of it is growing back. Oh dear... I'm glad I'm not the only one with a really fat cat! ;P

Daydreaming Fool said...

LOLOL - Oh the poor cat..but what a good story..bawhah!

Michelle said...

HALARIOUS!!!!