Thursday, February 17, 2011

My European hobby... wine.

I love wine, but sometimes I buy a wine that the bottle draws me in as much as the wine itself! This past summer I bought a wine that is DELICIOUS, but I have not even opened the bottle yet because #1 the bottle cost me $20, and #2 IT IS SO PRETTY!!!!

I know, it is meant to be opened and drank, and I will probably get to it, but first I am trying to find something to do with the bottle after I drink the wine because DAMNIT I AM NOT THROWING IT OUT!!!!!

Here is the bottle I got... any ideas?

Ok, and yeah, I collect cows... they are all over my kitchen!

Then a few days ago I went into a wine shop to get a new wine rack (because I did not have one). I did not want to pay for a huge one, so I got this small one...


Because I thought it would go well with my dining room decor...

I also got this AWESOME corkscrew!

Anyway, I digress...

In the wine shop there was glühwein (mulled wine- meant to be drank heated) that was EXTREMELY yummy; spiced to perfection and just all around PERFECT! While it is not that cold here anymore, I got a bottle for next winter... and once I am done with the bottle I can take it back for a refill at a discount! I did ask for free refills, but they would not go for it.

So anyway, how cute is this bottle???


8 comments:

alejandro guzman said...

Salut! ANd me thinks the like the medieval times my lady. Enjoy the grapes before they go off.

Cheers A

Jim said...

Anyone who loves wine I just gotta follow, and maybe I do come back and actually read some of this insanity stuff. Ya never know, could be as insane as me.

Laura said...

I think I surprised someone with my blog! Maybe... possibly...
Thanks for following me Jim, I am honored :)

Heather said...

The mulled wine sounds delicious! I love the wine rack.

Michelle said...

Love your dinning room! Very cute! And you seem even cuter now that I know you collect cows!!!

Dead Cow Girl said...

Beautiful bottle! I would probably use it to store dish soap, bath oil or even olive oil - you can get the corks with the metal pour spout built in at the kitchen store.

But yes! Drink it before it goes off! We just pulled a bottle out that we had been saving and it had gone bad. :-( That's the saddest thing ever.

Mom Went Crazy said...

Use the bottle as a flower vase. Pick yourself up a single bloom at a flower shop. Put it in your bathroom and it will make your day fantastic. Fuji mums (or spider mums) last almost three weeks and cost less than $4! For $72/year you'll have a beautiful use for this bottle! (Yes, I'm a florist...can you tell?? lol)

Beth said...

Love the bottle and great advice regarding the flower, you'll be spoiling yourself too! Lovely wine rack!