Sunday, March 4, 2018

Food for Thought 2018

I have often gone to my Facebook to relax. Seeing what my friends are doing, funny memes, etc can be relaxing. Not so much right now. I have a bunch of people polluting the feed with their anti gun, pro gun, conspiracy theories, anti government, pro government, anti Trump, pro Trump,  hating the left, hating the right, anti vaccine, pro vaccine... holy crap I could go on forever. The thing is everyone has it wrong. They are not thinking hard enough, their complaints or solutions are either too simplistic or offer nothing at all.

The thing is these posts are either severely misinformed, severely hypocritical, or do nothing but spread more hate, ignorance, and anger. There are people on my friends list that I wonder if they completely have lost their minds with the bullshit they post! It's CRAZY shit!!!!!

I want to comment "OH MY GOD! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU???"

Bear with me while I sound like an old woman. Social media had ruined our society. We are able to post whatever we want without regard to logic or fact. Then people who are apparently unable to fact check on their own believe whatever it is without question. We are able to comment whatever we want to people. There is no regard for the fact that the person on the other end is a LIVE HUMAN BEING WITH FEELINGS! People tell others to fuck off, they tell others to kill themselves, they threaten the lives of others and threaten to rape; this is all done under the "anonymity" of the internet with no consequences or repercussions for their actions. There are VERY few people who are able to hold civilized conversations with others that have differing viewpoints. It turns into name calling and threats. Keyboard warriors.
Then there are those that resort to actual violence because they are unable to communicate. Do you realize how many people are shot and killed in my city alone over WORDS?!??! I don't know actual numbers, but its more than one and one is too many. I see comments online about how "people don't know how to fight with their fists anymore, they want to go for the guns. They need to bring back good old fashioned ass whoopins instead of going for their gun." No, no they don't. You DO realize that fists can kill too right?

People need to grow the fuck up and learn to talk like ADULTS or walk the fuck away. Bullying is bad, yes... it happens. Yes people do need to toughen up a bit, but you know what? Not all people are able emotionally or mentally to do that. Hear me out. School shooters to my knowledge have one thing in common: they were outcasts. People want to point their finger at guns, people want to point their finger at the FBI, people want to point their finger at the school, people want to point their finger at the shooter... do me a favor and point the finger at yourself. What are YOU doing to foster human morals, ethics, goodwill and kindness? What are you doing to reach out to those less fortunate or a little weird to show them that they are not hated by everyone? You don't know what these people went through at school, at home, etc. Why look at someone and decide they are unworthy of a smile and a hello? Why see someone that looks angry and upset and decide to leave them alone rather than asking "Is everything ok? Are you alright?"

I have seen people posting asking kids to befriend someone they wouldn't normally to protest school shootings rather than walking out. Why is everyone have such an aversion to reaching out to those that don't fit into their cliques? You don't have to hang out with them in your free time or spend hours on the phone or whatever... just. be. nice. If a person thinks that no one loves them, that no one cares, and everyone is out to get them the result is usually one of two things or both- violence against others and suicide.


It saddens me to see how selfish people have become. I know that all people are not like this, but it doesn't help when social media and major news media only focus on the negative and their own agenda. I stopped watching the news years ago, I stopped reading the news... every once in a while I will read something but it leads me down a rabbit hole trying to find what's true and what is propaganda for their sheep.

I believe we, the people of the United States and the earth, have the obligation to make the change. Its starts from within. It starts within our own homes. If you are waiting for someone else to start it or do something you are part of the problem. It costs ZERO DOLLARS to be nice to someone. Remember the movie "Pay it Forward"? Yeah, do that. It doesn't always have to cost something, it just requires you to have a heart. It won't stop all violence, some people ARE just bad, but I wonder how long it will take for people to see a change on our soil? 
Be the change you want to see in the world!!!!

No comments: