Friday, March 9, 2018

Dream Interpretation

So early this morning I had a dream. It was odd, but after looking up some meanings I think I have the code cracked.

I just got out of the shower in my dream, or I am assuming, because I was leaning over to put gel in my hair (it's odd because I never use gel in my hair, just mousse) and I remember it feeling very sticky. As I was trying to run it through my hair I noticed that my hair was very tangled and matted... and then I noticed my hair came out in two huge clumps... much like when I am pulling clumps of hair out of my husky mix's when they are blowing their winter coats. I didn't end up bald, instead I ended up with a short/sassy new hairstyle that I wasn't all upset about. I remember running my fingers through the back thinking how soft and healthy my hair felt. I was happy and comfortable!

Now on to the dream interpretation.

My tangled and matted hair represents the negativity in my life. Things were in chaos. The gel is representative of me trying to hold my shit together... it didn't work because as I was trying to hold my shit together the negativity just decided to release itself from me instead.

So this means that instead of trying to hold my shit together I am just supposed to get rid of it. Get rid of the negativity, the people that make me crazy, etc... and you know what? I did! I quit my job at the PX that was full of toxic people. I removed myself from drama filled Facebook groups. I deleted people from my friends list that were negative or toxic... not friends at all... just people that kept me on for gossip or some shit.

The new shorter, healthier hair is representative of right now. How my stress is mostly gone (some of my long hair was still on my head, and while it wasn't tangled and matted, it was dry and not as healthy as the hair on the back of my head).  It was a different color. It went from blonde to dark brown/red representing the changes in myself). I know it was a positive dream because I was happy and not upset at all about losing my long hair! It's just weird how things in your life end up being interpreted in your mind while you are sleeping.

Things have gotten so much better lately. I mean, it seems like since I quit my last job things just keep getting better and better! I got a new job that I LOVE! The people there are amazing and I feel zero stress even though my days are spent learning new things and TONS of it. How amazing is that? They work with me on my schedule and work around the appointments I have rather than forcing me to take vacation leave weekly or leave without pay. They are super nice and have wonderful personalities, I even told my manager that she just doesn't understand how happy I was to be there.

My daughter was able to get the medications she needs to manage her ADHD and anxiety. I didn't have to fight anyone or lose my shit to get it done either! While we were in Alaska she was treated so poorly by the army medical clinics there. In the beginning they told me (what we later found out) her anxiety attacks were just "teenage temper tantrums". Her stomach pains had no cause, they were psychosomatic. Her period pains were just cramps... here, take some naproxen and get used to it. Everything she all of a sudden became allergic to was not even considered for anything going wonky with her body. I took her off post for mental health care and she was treated right and taken seriously... that's where she was diagnosed and started making progress. Since coming to Texas she has recently been diagnosed with endometriosis, and upon research of that so many things that have been going on with her over the years can be attributed to that. It wrecks the immune system, gives gastrointestinal issues, and can even cause a person to have allergies (because of the immune system issues).

My house got clean and my kids are doing their chores!!! That is nothing short of a miracle in itself.

You know... sometimes life turns to shit... but nothing is permanent. Things can and will get better. It seemed like bad kept happening rapid fire, like dominoes falling since before we moved to Texas on through recently. Now I am excited to see things looking up and am super excited to see what else good will come my way.


1 comment:

Janie said...

So very happy that things are looking up for you. You've had way too much weight on your shoulders for too long and I hope things keep going great. Love you!