Friday, December 24, 2010

One More Sleep till Christmas...

The bread dough is rising on the stove, the pumpkin pie is in the oven, and the cherry pie is almost ready to go in... I am thinking I want to make some sort of dessert for tonight, but not sure what...

The husband is off braving the roads in the snow to check the mail, and basically stay out of my way. The house is for the most part clean, just need to sweep the floors from my baking mess. I am looking forward to the next few days. I hope all of my friends and everyone else in the world remembers the meaning of Christmas. It is not what you get, it is what you give (and not the material shit). It is who you are with and what you do. Cherish the time you have with your loved ones... you never know what the future brings. Next Christmas will be spent without my husband, so I want this one to be full of wonderful memories. It is not about the presents under the tree, but the gift of friendship and family that makes the holiday so special.

No comments: