Well, it is 2012... so much happened last year, and I am thankful that it is another year behind me.
I want to go over the things I am grateful for from 2011...
1) I lost over 70 pounds. I weighed over 200 lbs last year. I felt disgusting, looked disgusting, and my marriage was having issues because of it. Here is a comparison picture from me exactly one New Years eve to the next:
I am so proud that I was able to do something I never thought I could do! But with a lot of self control, determination, and motivation I was able to almost accomplish my goal! I only have 10 pounds to go :)
2) I am grateful that I ran a 5k... well, I did not run it, I walked/jogged it, but I DID IT! This is not something I would have even considered doing in the past!
3) I am grateful that this deployment is almost over. Almost a year ago my husband deployed to Afghanistan, and I know that with the new year comes my husband- home to us again... sometime...
4) I am grateful for my friends... without them I would not have been able to make it through this deployment with my marriage in tact.... I swear it. The biggest source of strength for me was this woman:
Here she is with her tin foil hat and garlic... no she is not insane, she is the right amount of crazy. She would do crazy shit like this just to get a laugh- and it worked. She is really an awesome woman! Besides... she got me footie pajamas for Christmas!
My friends are the best people I could have ever allowed into my life. They are supportive, loving, fun, and all around awesome. I love them.
So with the new year comes resolutions, right? SURE! OK, so my resolutions for this new year are:
1) To continue to eat healthy, and work hard to improve on that- since I do fall back now an again to the old ways (though I feel sick later for it).
2) Continue to hit the gym and build my strength and lose this last ten pounds!
3) Become more motivated to keep up with my housework. Oh the never ending pile of laundry and dishes that sway my motivation to the computer and Facebook....
4) Maybe quit smoking??? I was able to lose weight, maybe I can do that too....
So what are your new years resolutions? What are the things that you look back and treasure from 2011?
To everyone who is reading this: May you have a wonderful and happy 2012.